NEW!! Online Training for Birth Professionals
We are excited to announce the birth of our new online courses for birth professionals. These courses are designed to increase your confidence, inspire and educate, in line with maximising safe and kind care. Each study course counts towards 5 hours of CPD.
Available now – Postnatal Mental Health online learning course
Understand problems for new families, know what to look for, make a difference.
Doing this course will help you to:
- Reduce your anxiety around working with new mums with mental health problems
- Know what signs to look out for and how to communicate with people postnatally
- Equip yourself with tools for ways of responding to people who are struggling
- Feel confident and enthusiastic about talking to people about their mental health
- Think about the mental health of the partners, and yourself too
Five modules, packed with information, fun audio exercises, quizzes and questionnaires, and an opportunity to reflect on what you have learnt. There is a self-report measuring tool for you to fill out before the course, and again after the course, to be able to chart changes in your confidence that have happened as a result of you taking this course.
Module one: introduction to psychology and mental health
Module two: culture and postnatal mental health
Module three: categories of postnatal mental health problems
Module four: how to help – the power of you
Module five: prevention is better than cure – the postnatal care plan
Following this course, you will feel enthused, excited and confident about the very valuable role that you can play in supporting women’s mental health in the postnatal period.
Interested? Contact us to register
Still in gestation –
- The Psychological Needs of Women in Labour: supporting birth psychologically as well as physically
- Antenatal Mental Health: pregnancy problems; how to spot them and how to help
- Birth Trauma and why birth debrief can do harm;
- Avoid burnout: how kind and compassionate care can make you love your job again