Hello. I’m guessing that you’re here because you work with families in the perinatal period. So do I, and I have done for over 15 years. I want to share with you, some of what I have learnt. Learning is not just about facts. It is about passion, it is about confidence, it is about how you feel when you do what you do. I hope it enhances the work that you do so that more families can get the support that they need and deserve, during this very special time in their lives. If you love it, and want more, there is the full five module version available, Birth Debrief: why debrief can do harm and how to actually help (packed with extra audios, exercises and topics). If you invest in the longer version, you automatically get the money back that you have paid for this mini-course.
This course is just over an hour. The lecture introduces you to key points and themes that are important in understanding and working with trauma. It is ideal for anyone who works with people in the perinatal period, and who wants to raise their awareness of trauma, but does not specialise (or want to specialise) in it – yet.
Doing this course will help you to:
- Learn about the nature of perinatal trauma, including pregnancy, breastfeeding and partner trauma.
- Understand how people recover from trauma, and how you might help
- Get tools and tips for listening empathically to people who have had birth trauma
- Feel confident and enthusiastic about your role in supporting people who have had traumas
- How to spot signs of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and when to refer on
- Reflect on your own self-care and resilience to trauma