Getting Men Talking: Fathers' Perinatal Mental Health
I’m delighted to present this day in partnership with Mark Williams, founder of Reaching Out PMH . We are really excited to bring you this unique and practical study day.
Around one in ten men experience postnatal depression after the birth of their baby. Birth Trauma in men is on the rise. Fathers’ perinatal mental health impacts on the health of the baby and the mother.
If you work with new parents, you are probably already aware of the importance of including fathers in any perinatal care and support that you provide. However, you may be struggling with finding concrete ways of actually implementing what you know is so important.
During this unique workshop we will explore how to actually reach out to men. As well as increasing our awareness of paternal postnatal depression, birth trauma and suicidality, we will also be taking a practical approach to addressing issues such as:
- What are the blocks to reaching out to men?
- What issues do we need to be aware of?
- Learn about fathers perinatal mental health.
- How can we improve our communication skills so that men will talk.
- Communicating with men on the ADHD and ASD spectrums.
- Building your confidence and effectiveness in actually making a difference to the lives of men and families that you work with
Date: Friday 24th March 2017
Times: 10.00 until 4.30.
Price: £65 for midwives, doctors and health visitors, £45 for students and doulas.
Bookings are now closed for this event.
To book your course, fill in the form below. Once you have completed the form you can pay by bank card via Paypal, or send us a cheque by post.