Group Therapy for Birth and Perinatal Trauma
Do you want help for birth trauma? Or maybe a trauma during your pregnancy? Or maybe your postnatal care? If you are finding it difficult to move on from a difficult time, if you find yourself ruminating over it , if you find yourself blaming yourself or feeling angry at others, if you just want to be able to understand what is happening to you, then this group might be able to help.
Birth trauma and perinatal trauma is sadly all too common – you are not alone. I have been getting inundated with requests to help people, so I set up a waiting list. But the waiting list got too long. I had to close it. So I began to recommend other people, but they also got full. I hate turning people away with no alternatives. One day, I realised that I have many decades of experience in running therapeutic groups, so why not run a group for people who have suffered a perinatal trauma? The support that you can get from each other is invaluable, along with the expertise that I can provide which can literally lift the symptoms that you are getting. It’s a no-brainer. So here it is. Contact me if you are interested.
- The group includes 8 sessions, all led by Mia Scotland.
- You will be with up to 8 other people who are struggling with similar feelings. You will be with the same people throughout the course.
- The group therapy course will be on Teams.
- There will be a careful selection process to ensure optimal benefit.
- The group is psychoeducational in nature. This means that you will learn about the nature of trauma, coming to understand why you feel as you do. You will learn techniques and skills to help you manage the symptoms of trauma. Our aim is for you to feel supported and validated by hearing from others who feel the same. You will learn ways to help release the negative feelings associated with trauma.
- You will be required to have one assessment session with Mia, after which a decision will be reached as to whether the course is right for you. If it is decided that it is not right for you, you will not be charged for this session.
- As part of the group treatment, you will receive a bonus individual session with Mia, during which you will guided through the Rewind method for lifting trauma.
- The course is £395 all in.
You are in safe hands: I have over 20 years’ experience of helping women recover from birth trauma, I have 15 years’ experience of the maternity system as a birth doula, I have over 25 years’ experience of running groups.
Mia Scotland, Perinatal Chartered Clinical Psychologist, C.Psych, BA(Hons) MSc. Clin.Psych
Registered with the British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Healthcare and Professions Council (HCPC). Birth Doula, co-founder of the Mindful Mamma Hypnobirthing program and author of “Why Postnatal Depression Matters” and “Birth Shock: how to recover from birth trauma”