Clinical Psychology Service for the Perinatal Period.
As a human being, life throws challenges at all of us every now and again. One in four of us will become depressed at some point in our lives. Challenges, such as parenthood, can increase the chances of the struggle deepening, leaving us feeling stuck, or hopeless, or plain miserable. Sometimes we decide to ride it through, sometimes we seek to better our coping strategies with some advice and support.
If you feel the time is right (or neccessary), or you are struggling with your mental health, then why not make that first step to getting better.
Phone 0845 868 5904 (or 07969 830 929) or e-mail on email@example.com to see how I might be able to help.
If you are seeking help with any of the following difficulties:
Pregnancy, Birth and Parenting Related
- fear of the birth (tocophobia)
- feeling low, weepy and unable to cope during your pregnancy
- previous traumatic birth
- post natal depression – weepy, low, problems sleeping, irritable, feeling hopeless
- post natal anxiety – problems sleeping, worry about leaving the house, or your baby, or that you might hurt your baby
- post natal problems with your relationship or sex life
- coping with a bereavement or loss
- baby sleep problems, affecting your life, your work or your parenting
- baby bonding problems – feeling disconnected from your baby, or that your baby could kind of be any-ones baby and you’re just looking after him or her, or that you are almost always angry, impatient or resentful of your baby
- toddler management problems, affecting your life, your work or your parenting
- relationship/marital problemsOther difficulties
- Problems coping after an accident or specific event – stress, anxiety, flashbacks, irritability, low mood
- Living with physical pain
- Painful periods
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- StressIf you think you’d like to talk about how I may be able to help, please give me a ring on 0845 868 5904 (low call rates) or 07969 830 929, or e-mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org. We would have a quick chat about what’s bothering you, and whether it would be worth meeting up for an initial visit to see where we might go from there. Typically, contact ranges from one to six sessions, depending on your wishes and my suggestions. Telephone sessions also available.Appointments available at Hygge House in Thurmaston, Leicester.Cost per session:
- £100 per sessionWhile I do not have testimonials for my work as a therapist (your confidentiality is paramount), I do have experience of all the above, and have been successfully transforming people’s lives for over 20 years.
As a Clinical Psychologist, I have a wealth of training and experience of helping people to cope with or overcome emotional difficulties. I am trained in, and I use a combination of counselling and coaching skills, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Compassionate Mind Therapy and hypnosis techniques, tailored to suit you. I am regulated by the Health Professions Council, accredited by the British Psychological Society and a recognised Bupa care provider.
Based in Thurmaston, Leicester. Skype and Zoom sessions also available.