Birth Debrief: Why it can hinder and alternative ways of supporting trauma
Co-presented by Mia Scotland, author of “Why Perinatal Depression Matters”
I can honestly say it was the most useful workshop I’ve been on in a long time. So thank you. It will inform my work hugely (February 2017)
What you can expect from the day:
- Exploration of why research suggests that debrief can do more harm than good.
- What actually happens during trauma, and how can debriefing both help and harm?
- How to make debriefing effective and therapeutic.
- Focusing on language and communication to enhance natural healing.
- Practical techniques for supporting people who have been distressed by their births, drawing from NLP and psychology.
This workshop is open to all professions who find themselves with couples who have been upset by birth, and who are looking for ways to help people move through the distress.